Skip to main content

The Final Three Weeks Of The Misadventures Of Cardo Dalisay


It looks like it's official since this one came from ABiaS-CBN and the photo above is from the Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP). It would be interesting that Coconuts Martin himself had announced the finale of the MOST POINTLESS TELESERYE EVER. I wonder why's the "most hyped" TV series now coming to an end? I feel that maybe ABiaS-CBN is running out of troll farms or the troll farms are focused on making 2 Good 2 Be True number one on Netflix but nine other shows aren't teleseryes. I'm still thinking about how PEP even dares to say that Vincenzo has nothing on Ang Probinsyano. Yet. it's quite the opposite actually. Vincenzo's run gives it better replay value. I'd like to ask are you even willing to rewatch all 1,600+ episodes of Ang Probinsyano from start to end?! Besides, the death of Susan Roces could've been an indicator that the show needed to end YEARS AGO.

The whole show is what I'd call spun itself in circles for several years already. It's passed through two full terms (the late Noynoy Aquino and Rodrigo R. Duterte). Noynoy's term ended and Ang Probinsyano still hasn't ended. Duterte's term ended and Ang Probinsyano still didn't end since ABiaS-CBN only lost a franchise - not the license to operate in contrast to what Ferdinand E. Marcos Sr. did during his fake golden years. I wonder if ABiaS-CBN has decided to stop production because Bobong Marcos finally won the Philippine presidency. It's probable fear because they might be fearing that Bobong may shut down the network any time soon. There's the announcement that ABiaS-CBN has decided to make its own version of Darna after GMA-7 did during the 2000s. The new Darna is the replacement of Ang Probinsyano. I was in college when Darna showed up on GMA-7 and I had a crush on Angel Locsin COLMENARES during that time. Though that crush was easily overridden by the dumb closet desire to marry Kim Tae Hee. 

It just shows how bad the storytelling is. It's always SPINNING IN CIRCLES. I'm reminded of why I even didn't get into the craze of those idiotic teleseryes. The 1990s had Mara Clara which was 1,165 episodes and Mula Sa Puso which had 539 episodes. If one must think about -- would you want to read a very thick report with nothing but verbal deadwood? I feel that teleseryes are like reports full of USELESS DETAIL. So many plots just get overextended for the sake of ratings. I still remember how Hiram (starring Heart Evangelista known as Heart Marie Ongpauco-Escudero) had a long-running plot of heart disease. Meanwhile, Lavender actually knew how to end it by focusing on the plot even if there could be a huge time lapse within episodes and between episodes. Telenovelas are supposed to focus only on IMPORTANT DETAILS.  

Right now, I still think about my proposed ending to Ang Probinsyano. I wanted to copy Kill It's ending for Jang Ki Yong's character of Kim So Hyun. Though, I feel like Cardo may end up suffering a fate worse than death due to how the series feels like that. The show itself should've just ended. I just feel like the show's collapse might need more troll farms to give it a "grand finale". I'm just glad I never started on it either. It's because Korean crime dramas are INFINITELY BETTER than it is. I finished Kill It so I decided to watch Justice. There's also Lawless Lawyer which is better eye-opener. Speaking of both shows - I still remembered how I wrote that Shaina Magdayao's role as Roxanne can't hold a candle to Jin A Nana's role in Korean crime drama. I feel Shainas Roxanne is a BIG JOKE. 

Aren't you glad that this show is FINALLY COMING TO AN END? 

Comments