Susan Roces' Sudden Passing Reminds Me Of Why "Ang Probinsyano" Should've Just Ended Years Ago

The news of Susan Roces (Jesusa Sonora-Poe) passing away at 80 was kind of too sudden. I guess I'm too used to some people passing away near 90 or past 90. Eddie Garcia passed away at 90 years old who did some contributions to the "hit series" Ang Probinsyano. The last appearance of Susan's character as Lola Flora was on May 20, 2022. This really makes me think about how the "hit series" should've just ended YEARS AGO which was 2015. The series itself is what I'd call gone rancid as a result of going on for too long. It's pretty much like how new episodes of Spongebob Squarepants and later episodes of Fairly Oddparents are no longer the funny sitcoms they used to be.

I remembered writing an article on why Ang Probinsyano is an utterly pointless teleserye. It was last 2020 when I wrote it and now it's 20222 meaning the show now has 1,600+ episodes. I wrote a series of articles such as why Korean crime dramas are better, why Kill It is better than it, why Vincenzo is better than it, and why Lawless Lawyer is a better eye-opener. It was fun doing it though in this moment of silence - I feel like the series is a dishonor to the film franchise which starred the late Fernando Poe Jr. The fact that it went from 2015 to 2022 is really killing any replay value it may have when it ends.

With that said, I'm really thinking of why I'm glad I didn't even watch it. I even want to believe any "high ratings" the show gets in this digital age are generated by trolls over organic views. The same reason could be true as to why 2 Good to Be True is Number One right now on Netflix Philippines. The show is going on pointlessly. I even feel that the show should've just ended years ago. Instead, the show just went on and on. I felt like Susan's life was wasted acting as Lola Flora in the show when there are other ways to enjoy one's old age. 

Comments