Skip to main content

Yes, I'm Finally Dumping K-Dramas For Our Local Teleseryes

The pandemic is over and it's over three years since ECQ, right? It was such a bummer that ABS-CBN lost its franchise turning it into just a media network. Here's one thing I realized - we have to be nationalistic and avoid colonial mentality. If you're truly Filipino then you must love your own shows. Yes, that's why I've decided that I'm going to stop watching K-Dramas (as well as other imported dramas) to watch our very own beloved teleseryes. Right now, I'm trying to get access to a whole DVD set of the hit show Ang Probinsyano and I should've started watching Coco Martin's newest hit drama Batang Quiapo. So what's with my change of heart this very fateful day? Sit back and take the time to read this enlightening post.


This guy Bongsky commenting on the Get Real Philippines website is an absolute genius. Wow, why didn't I see the value of our local teleseryes. Why did I even spend my time watching those accursed K-Dramas that NEVER helped our local networks? Bongsky is as much a genius as Benign0's number one critic Darth Mortis the Wise. Darth Mortis the Wise does everyone a favor by heckling Benign0. Where do I even begin with such a genius comment? Where do I even begin with how great our teleseryes are? 

Ang Probinsyano's seven-year-long run beats every crime K-Drama ever made

Bongsky is right and all the 1,600+ episodes are more worth it than watching any K-Drama from South Korea. Why did I even spend my time watching those K-Dramas such as Kill It, Justice, and Lawless Lawyer? Please, I decided to watch some episodes of Ang Probinsyano and I found out, "What have I been missing all along?" I watched the first episode and I can now say Coco himself has to be the best actor in the world, no the Universe. The choreography, the fight scenes, and just about everything about Ang Probinsyano is plain genius. That's why it took seven years because nothing can compare to this marvelous series.

The best part of Ang Probinsyano is that it's got the endorsement of the great military genius Antonio Trillanes IV. The final episodes were one of the best-written episodes in the history of history. The deaths of the Taskforce Agila were one of the best written plots ever. I'm so amazed and touched at how Taskforce Agila did their heroism. It was the greatest act of heroism ever done. We can even talk about how Cardo Dalisay's repeated survivals make him the best police hero ever. 

To say that Vincenzo is better than Ang Probinsyano was one of the most stupid things ever said. Instead, we can trust our very fair and balanced entertainment news such as Philippine Entertainment Portal. The value of Vincenzo was nothing compared to what Ang Probinsyano could even present. I'm going to really say this because I regret watching Vincenzo. Now, I'm happy that I decided to watch all the very long epic episodes of Ang Probinsyano. It's because the show's extreme length makes it all the more watchable than a 16-20 episode run for a K-Drama. 

If you're saying Ang Probinsyano is a terrible, terrible show, then you must just be a huge SUBJECTIVE MORON WITH BAD TASTE! 

Teleserye special effects are the best in the world

Man, what did I miss when I skipped watching Jane De Leon's adaptation of Darna? Can you imagine what I've been missing? The special effects of teleseryes are indeed wow-worthy one way or another. If you say that you saw a water gun in GMA-7's Alyas Robin Hood - you need to get laser surgery so you can see the wonderful special effects. These special effects have to be more than Hollywood levels.

I started watching some K-Dramas all over again and found out how BAD the special effects are. Why did I even waste my time watching those Korean crime dramas with their lousy special effects? The best special effect makers are only in the Philippines. Nothing can beat Pinoy artistry of special effects. I'm so touched by how our special effects are so well-budgeted and well-made!

I could say the same thing was true for Darna (2022) on ABS-CBN. Not only is Jane De Leon outstandingly pretty - the special effects complemented her well. I'd say that as the years went by - the special effects of our local teleseryes are indeed the best in the world. If you don't believe me then you can ask Atty. Hilario Davide Jr. over the phone!

The teleserye celebrities all look better and can act better than Korean celebrities

I would say that the teleserye celebrities don't only look better but can also act better. The moment I started watching Ang Probinsyano - I felt everything was more open. I even decided to watch The Better Half and I could now give my freaking conclusion. I could say that Shaina Garcia Magdayao is 1000x a better actress than Jin A Nana. After watching Roxanne Opena in action - I could say that she's the best field leader that Taskforce Agila ever had! I could say Shaina's acting has been way better than Nana one way or another.

Why did I even waste my time watching Vincenzo? Watching The General's Daughter convinces me that Angel Locsin is a better actress and better looking than her Korean doppelganger Jeon Yeo Bin. I could say Yeo Bin and Nana could barely act. I watched Glitch on Netflix and came to the conclusion that Kokey is better. Hopefully, ABS-CBN will direct a Kokey sequel with Shaina and Angel. I'm 100% sure that both Angel and Shaina will do better than Yeo Bin and Nana. 

_______

It's time for Filipinos to reflect on their values. Our nation is failing because Filipinos no longer want to watch our local teleseryes. It's about time that Filipinos should patronize teleseryes. If they refuse to watch teleseryes then they're really truly Filipino! So, start dumping those K-Dramas, watch our local teleseryes, and let's help the economy by buying and watching only what's local! Yehey!


Comments