Skip to main content

Why Do Hyun Jin (From K-Drama "Kill It"), Not Roxanne Opena, Should've Led Taskforce Agila


I guess my bashing of Ang Probinsyano is really not going to stop, right? I wrote about the downfall of Taskforce Agila. I just intended to watch the finale but I decided to watch the penultimate episode (but not entirely) involved in the FAILED hostage crisis. What led to the FAILED hostage crisis was a dreadful miscalculation. Taskforce Agila OVERESTIMATED itself by sending TOO FEW PEOPLE, they're UNDEREQUIPPED and even UNPREPARED. I was reminded of two major incidents namely the Manila Hostage Crisis and the SAF-44 incident. Speaking of SAF-44 - Coconuts Martin did play as a dead SAF-44 officer. Both were done out of poor coordination. Besides, I even felt the Agilas got crushed due to OVERCONFIDENCE. They were dealing with Renato Hipolito the FINAL VILLAIN. What a dreadful miscalculation.

Right now, I feel like writing a HUMOR POST to de-stress. One humor post I wrote was making fun of Shaina Magdayao's role as Roxanne Opena. I had a bit of a laugh writing it though the Agila's end was completely not a laughing matter. I even feel their FAILURE was glorified rather than LEARNED FROM. I decided to bring back another fictional character who I felt could've led Taskforce Agila better. It's none other than Jin A Nana's character of Do Hyun Jin from Kill It

I watched Kill It sometime during the pandemic. It's worth noting how Hyun Jin isn't just heavily trained - she really knew how to fight and plan things accordingly. The scene of her working against human traffickers has her well-backed up and shows what she could do. I could imagine what if Hyun Jin led Taskforce Agila instead of Roxanne. I think Hyun Jin would've probably decided to have a backup, check all equipment, or even say, "Renato isn't going to be easy. We want to make sure the hostages live." They would've prepared good backup plans to get the hostages out. Would've Roxanne's team done it - I think most of them would've made it out alive.

My imagined scenario is where Hyun Jin would have forces on standby. Hyun Jin knows that Lucio isn't going to be an easy foe. Maybe, make a diversion that will leave the base unoccupied and take down the guards. Sure, there might be some wounded and others may not make it. However, any good strategy would minimize casualties. Maybe, Lucio would probably have died during the ambush. I think Hyun Jin might've even killed Lucio by feigning weakness. Though, Hyun Jin might still be crying over some of the fallen and tell them, "We can't get complacent. Do that and we're all gone."

Just a wacky post to get off some steam!

Comments