Skip to main content

My Thoughts On Taskforce Agila's Demise In The Misadventures Of Cardo Dalisay

I gave my thoughts on the final episode of The Misadventures of Cardo Dalisay. I find the idea that the Taskforce Agila all dying EXCEPT Cardo to be stupid. I think there could've been more impact if Cardo was among the dead. Granted, Coconuts Martin played as a SAF-44 commando. The finale of the two-parter of Maalaala Mo Kaya had Coconuts' character in a coffin. I felt that Cardo should've died, maybe he should've received news that Lola Flora had already died some time ago (instead of learning it only later), and he starts to see visions of Lola Flora as he succumbs to his wounds. Have Cardo's body among the deceased Agila members. Instead, the show decided to make a ridiculously unrealistic scene (for a show that's supposed to be realistic) where Cardo wasn't even in the ICU after the severe blood loss. Is it me or are superhero movies suddenly looking "realistic" when Cardo didn't succumb to such heavy bullet wounds? 

I decided to watch a portion of the dreadful penultimate episode. Granted, I'm no military strategist so I could be making mistakes here. However, I still feel like the whole encounter was a dreadful miscalculation. Then again, I'm really prone to bashing Shaina Magdayao's role as Roxanne. They were going against the show's biggest villain Renato Hipolito. I felt like they should've been more well-prepared to minimize casualties. Instead, like the SAF-44 incident, it may have been a case of being ill-prepared. They tried to rescue the hostages only to get caught. Some reinforcement could've probably prevented the tragedy of their losses. It was heartbreaking to see the deaths of Roxanne's team and Roxanne herself. Though, I felt that the loss could've been prevented IF they had contingency planning. I think a well-timed, well-trained sniper could've shot the hand of Renato or Lucio in less than a second. Lily got shot by a well-trained sniper. I felt they really had a SEVERELY DONE miscalculation in regards to dealing with Renato. 

I felt like writing this because some people commented about the SAF-44. I felt the incident could've minimized its impact. I still remember how former PNP Chief, Alan La Madrid Impurisima, screwed up the whole operation. As the late Miriam Defensor-Santiago said - SAF-44 would've been alive if Impurisima never intervened. I feel the same way that Taskforce Agila could've not lost its ENTIRE FORCE if they had proper planning. 

Just my thoughts! 

Comments