Skip to main content

After "Darna", Will "Batang Quiapo" (Starring Coconuts Martin) Get A Long Tedious Run?!

 
I could care less about the Darna installment on ABiaS-CBN by Jane De Leon. I didn't even bother to watch the Darna series on GMA-7 which had two versions - Angel Locsin Colmenares-Arce and Marian Rivera-Dantes. I have no interest to watch this Darna either even if I must admit that Jane herself is pretty attractive. Attractive? Yes! However, the use of poorly done CGI and the nearly-daily schedule is just pretty stupid. I couldn't watch those idiotic teleseryes even if they do tend to possess really attractive females. I even could care less if those teleseryes had either Rhian Ramos Howell (GMA-7) or Shaina Garcia Magdayao (ABiaS-CBN). Both females are pretty but the plot can be so bad. 

Coconuts Martin is now having another project based on one of the late Fernando Poe Jr.'s projects makes me laugh. I called Ang Probinsyano to be an utterly pointless teleserye. It was even full of POOR CASTING DECISIONS. True, I find Shaina to be super pretty but assigning her the role of Roxanne Opena was simply stupid. That's why I even wrote that Do Hyun Jin (from Kill It) was more qualified to lead Taskforce Agila. The tragic demise of Taskforce Agila makes me cringe. How could they try to do a hostage rescue very ILL-EQUIPPED? I felt it was a copout since most of the members weren't action stars anyway. Eventually, Cardo Dalisay himself gets severely wounded and he recovers like it was nothing? Like WTF? The series ran for seven years giving a very unsatisfactory ending. I felt everything was just done to try and wrap it up.

Now, we're getting Batang Quiapo with Coconuts. I even heard that one of FPJ's love child by Rowena Moran (who suspiciously resembles Sayaka Akimoto's Filipino mother), Lovie Poe, will be part of the cast. The plot of the 1980s film was that Baldo was the former king of pickpockets. Along the way, Baldo meets Maria (Maricel Soriano, who might even be cast here) who is an amateur. Baldo tries to straighten up Maria since the former did have a prison sentence. Along the way, they will end up help get rid of the community of illegal drugs. Wasn't illegal drugs also part of the plot with Ang Probinsyano?

Knowing that Ang Probinsyano lasted for seven years - I wonder how long Batang Quiapo will last. I even wanted to joke that Coconuts should be awarded the Nobel Fish Fries. It could be easily done if Maria Ressa herself will endorse him. In fact, I want Ressa to endorse Coconuts to get awards from likeminded organizations that awarded her. Maybe, Batang Quiapo will go beyond seven years. Coconuts are currently 41 years old. I'd imagine Coconuts would be 58 years old if ever his new project will be 14 years. 

I could imagine any dirty tricks ABiaS-CBN could attempt if ever. Fortunately, the people behind Ang Probinsyano weren't dumb enough to splice Jin A Nana's footage into later episodes. It'd be dumb if action scenes of Jeon Yeo Bin will be passed off as Angel sooner or later. Granted, Yeo Bin is almost flat and too fair-skinned even if she resembles Angel. Both scenarios would be total copyright infringement if they did it. Maybe, they'll get troll farms to try and get Batang Quiapo to have higher ratings. I still suspect troll farms were why 2 Good 2 Be True got high ratings on Netflix. Right now, here's me simply wondering what could happen next. 

Comments