Skip to main content

I Can't Watch Teleseryes For Long EVEN For Eye Candy

It's been some time since "The Better Half" ended and now we're having "La Luna Sangre". There's also "Alyas Robin Hood" where there's lots of fanservice. First, we had Shaina Magdayao and now we have Angel Locsin Colmenares. I admit that I can be such a sucker for eye candy and it tends to be my poor reason for my choices. I would admit I watched some Angel's films last decade for her but I admit the plot is SO. MIND. NUMBING. It's usually overly predictable and tends to focus on nothing but eye candy. Speaking of eye candy, I remembered the really dumb reason why I even watched through the Tagalog version of Stairway to Heaven was for Rhian Denise Ramos Howell.


Let's talk about The Better Half ahem The Worse Half during its airing. I admit I find the leading lady Shaina Magdayao gorgeous but here's what. The show itself can't even make me watch past the first episode because of how awful it was. It's horribly mind-numbing and as always it's full of the OA scenes. Sure, the leading lady is hot but that isn't enough to save the show. There's also Alyas Robin Hood or should I say Palyang Robin Hood. Sure Andrea Torres is hot but that show is 100% bootleg quality. No amount of licensing could make Palyang Robin Hood a show of good quality. It may not be an illegal reproduction but the way it's carried out makes it look like it was an illegal reproduction. No wonder we've got people using bootleg to describe anything of bad quality even if there was a license involved.


Right now, I'm watching the South Korean TV series "While You Were Sleeping. I tend to watch K-Drama for dumb reasons. I don't deny it's hard not to admire Suzy Bae's beauty in that show even if she's appearing as the "nerdiest of nerds". But what I can think about what makes the show better. No, it's not Suzy herself that makes the show better. It's all about the plot. I've watched Gu Family Book and Uncontrollably Fond and it's not Suzy that makes the show better. It's all about the writing and the plot. Pacing is that important and not that you put too many useless fillers. I have to admit some K-Drama can be that long (ex. Like Land and Sky) but I guess they do have a lot more development given in such a long period of time.

_________

What can also be interesting is that it's still possible to reject a bad show even if there's eye candy while overrating a good show because of the eye candy. It's like some Pinays who may complain a lot about how OA the teleseryes are while talking about how hot the K-Drama leading guys are at the same time. In my case, it's like how I tend to complain about how bad The Worse Half is while I can gloat too much about how While You Were Sleeping because of Suzy's beauty. Hmmm... think about that scenario!

Comments