Skip to main content

Will Coconuts Martin Get The Nobel Fish Fries?

I don't know if I should be laughing (or not) that Ang Probinsyano aka The Misadventures of Cardo Dalisay is coming to an end. Now, it turns out that Coconuts Martin is about to get a new misadventure based on Batang Quiapo (Youth of Quiapo) where the late Fernando Poe Jr. acts as a pickpocket trying to go straight. Ang Probinsyano had 1,600+ episodes which makes me even wonder if anybody is willing to rewatch it from EPISODE ONE up to the upcoming final episode. This also reminds me of how Antonio Trillanes IV expresses he's a fan of the said show. This reminds me I even wrote an article about if Trillanes would actually get the Nobel Peace Prize. It's because Maria Ressa's Nobel Peace Prize award is totally laughable. I wouldn't be surprised if Ressa even wins a Nobel Prize in Physics this year. Then again, the Nobel Foundation already lost its prestige some ago so that's why I say Ressa can keep her prize. I'll just be "WALA AKONG PAKI!" or "I DON'T CARE!" even as Ressa accumulates a skyscraper of awards from like-minded people. 

After the end of Ang Probinsyano - I think that an organization that has LOST ITS PRESTIGE way before awarding Ressa can lower their standards FURTHER. I could think of Ressa may want to nominate her friends such as former vice president Leni Loud Robredo, Trillanes, and Jover Laurio. One may think that maybe, just maybe, Coconuts may be nominated for one stupid reason - for his SEVEN YEARS performance as Cardo in Ang Probinsyano. The show was said to be a message about how good will ultimately triumph over evil. I'm even thinking about how Trillanes may get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize this year. Though, it shouldn't be complete if Coconuts isn't nominated. Hopefully, Ressa will work to get Coconuts nominated.

The standards for the Nobel Prizes have been lowered. Coconuts getting nominated should NEVER be a surprise. I think one of the reasons that he should be nominated is his aggressive battle for the ABiaS-CBN franchise. Another is that Ang Probinsyano could be said to an eye opener of sorts. You can imagine how the award that lost its prestige will award Coconuts. Maybe, they can say Coconuts deserves the award for tirelessly working to show that good will eventually prevail over evil. Seven years is a rather long time. Maybe, it's time to give Ang Probinsyano an award it deserves - from an organization that already lost its credibility for quite some time.

Either way, let's cross our fingers that Coconuts may win the Nobel Peace Prize soon!

Comments