Skip to main content

Just For Fun: Imagining A Possible Stunt ABiaS-CBN Might Do To Counter "Voltes V Legacy"


Months ago, Coconuts Martin launched another "masterpiece" based on FPJ's Batang Quiapo. That was some time after Ang Probinsyano which totally was a big joke. Seeing one Korean crime drama after the other makes me LMAO over why Ang Probinsyano even exists. Now, there's Voltes V Legacy which I heard would be 80 episodes. WUT? Okay, I'm not exactly pleased since GMA-7 did give us that licensed garbage called Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawan. I decided to watch a few Voltes V Legacy episodes which seek to expand the storyline. It may have Toei Ltd.'s involvement but I think much time is wasted on padding. I wish they would've simply aimed for 50 episodes and expanded the lore from there. No, I think the 80 episodes Monday to Friday format might give me a good reason to skip it.

I could imagine what ABiaS-CBN might do to counter Voltes V Legacy. There was this alleged sabotage they did with GMA-7 a few years ago. I even heard of how SKY Internet (by ABiaS-CBN) even did a dirty promo back in the early 2000s If ABiaS-CBN doesn't play fair then it's only fair that both the late Noynoy Aquino and Rodrigo R. Duterte had a hand in the franchise loss. I guess that's why Noynoy chastised the network on the 25th anniversary. A history of playing dirty or having absurd plans might just make ABiaS-CBN do something absurd. Though it might require them to cut down the intended episode count of Batang Quiapo or have a weekend program to rival Voltes V Legacy.

My imagined secret weapon might be just plain stupid if it's carried out


I did have wild speculation that ABiaS-CBN might want to get the rights to adapt the K-Drama Glitch. I could imagine what they might do to the storyline like make it a possible sequel to Kokey. Assuming Angel Locsin is available (she did get married after all) then they might cast her due to her resemblance to actress Jeon Yeo Bin. Another one to cast is Shaina Garcia Magdayao because she does resemble Jin A Nana to a certain extent. I did imagine what if ABiaS-CBN stole footage from the K-Drama Kill It and used Do Hyun Jin's footage as fight footage for Roxanne Opena in some scenes. That wouldn't work though since Nana and Shaina do have visible differences. 

I could imagine the crazy shenanigans that the adaptation may have. I could imagine what could be done with Angel and Shaina in tandem. They did star together in Four Sisters and a Wedding. Some artistic liberty might bring Kokey into the plot. Maybe, they will call it Glitch: Ang Pagbabalik ni Kokey while acknowledging the Korean version's existence. If ever ABiaS-CBN is planning to do it then I wonder how it'd turn out. If this is their "grand plan" to counter Voltes V Legacy then it might be a really dumb plan indeed. A dumb plan even if they do get a license from Netflix. 

I don't care if they go with the weeknight or weekend schedule. If ever they do plan to adapt Glitch - they need to at least take care NOT to be stupid. If they do plan to make it a Kokey sequel then it might really sour up. Still, ABiaS-CBN should really think twice if ever they're planning to derail Voltes V Legacy with some dumb adaptation. 

Comments