Skip to main content

Why I'd Watch Netflix's "Cafe Minamdang" Over The Last Three Weeks Of "The Misadventures Of Cardo Dalisay"

Soompi

Yup, it's really official that Ang Probinsyano, or The Misadventures of Cardo Dalisay (as I love to call it) are coming to an end. I guess ABiaS-CBN is either out of ratings or there are not enough troll farms to give it "high views". Right now, I feel the ratings of 2 Good 2 Be True on Netflix are most likely the result of troll farms. I guess the people of Sub-Saharan Africa lost interest in Ang Probinsyano too. Just hearing it's the last three weeks is making me laughing. The DAILY SCHEDULE is that CUMBERSOME for most people. I tend to binge-watch police drama since I watched Kill It and Justice a few years after they ended. However, not having a daily schedule (preferring to keep it WEEKLY) keeps things simple to avoid useless scenes, editing, and the like can be done better. 

What I decided to do is to watch Cafe Minamdang instead. It would be certain that this week has the 11th to 12th episodes. There's a total of 18 episodes meaning that there may be three more weeks before it ends. The final episode will be (tentatively) on August 23, 2021. Though, it's been two episodes per week. Usually, it becomes ideal for me to watch the episode on Tuesdays and Wednesdays instead of Mondays and Tuesdays. I thought of it that Cafe Minamdang may end with Ang Probinsyano still running. However, it turns I was wrong since Ang Probinsyano is now running its last two weeks. 

Any Korean actor in a crime drama is WAY BETTER than Coconuts Martin. Seo In Guk shows just how he's so much better than Coconuts. Coconuts has been proving himself to be laughable as an actor. Just watching the scenes of Cardo mourning for his wife made me a heartless person. It's so badly done that they can't convince me that Cardo is truly devastated. I was simply amazed at how In Guk shows his serious and comedic moments. I could laugh when In Guk's character Nam Han Joon does something funny. Meanwhile, every sad scene of Han Joon makes me feel sorry for him. The flashbacks involving Han Joon's fall and the death of his close friend are convincing. 

Meanwhile, I could really go and berate Shaina Garcia Magdayao again. It may sound hypocritical since I admire her PHYSICAL BEAUTY. However, Oh Yeon Seo (who I no longer find pretty) has been an excellent actress. I think Yeon Seo acts better than Jin A Nana - the actress I wanted to take the role of Han Jae Hee because of the character's lesser screentime. Though, Yeon Seo proves that it's not about looks but what's brought to the table. Jae Hee proves herself to be more badass than Taskforce Agila. Many of Yeon Seo's scenes just prove her to be one badass detective. Sorry but Roxanne Opena is nothing more than a bad joke.

Every week becomes worth the wait. Sure, I've seen some better series such as Pride and Prejudice (which is no longer on Netflix). Still, it would be better to see how Cafe Minamdang is well-edited, well-scripted, and I wonder if ABiaS-CBN will want to air it. Granted, ABiaS-CBN did air Korean Odyssey. They might do a bad-dub though it seems unlikely Coconuts will be in the voice cast. It's because of the planned Batang Quiapo TV series which may last 14 years. Hmmm... it'd be funny to see Coconuts age disgracefully if ever that happens. 

Comments