ABiaS-CBN's "Ang Probinsyano" Can Keep Bragging About Its Views But Can It Hold A Candle In The INTERNATIONAL MARKET?

I really wonder if the still-ongoing misadventures of Cardo Dalisay in Ang Probinsyano are really intentional because of some politicization. Here's something from ABiaS-CBN News (and yes, the network is NOT SHUT DOWN in contrast to what REALLY happened during the Marcos Years) wich brags about the ratings of that "best primetime TV show ever that nothing can match it". Right now, I'm still LAUGHING and maybe, I'm grateful that Ang Probinsyano hasn't ended yet. It's because I've got something to bash (for fun). Though, the late Fernando Poe Jr. may turn in his grave with this idiocy going on since the original classic blockbuster is desecrated by this idiocy. 

I remembered the stupid article that popped out that said that Vincenzo doesn't (daw) hold a candle in contrast to Ang Probinsyano. I really laughed my head off because it was probably a response of Filipino viewers who thought of Vincenzo as a classic show in its own right. Though, it also seems that GMA-7 will be airing Vincenzo so ABiaS-CBN may have had to stoop that low. Vincenzo was shown on Netflix and it entered the top ten. Ang Probinsyano only has 50 episodes on Netflix Philippines. It should've just ended with 50 episodes if you ask me. It's really that laughably stupid. The 1,300+ episodes are reminding me of how Mara Clara lasted that long and the story went nowhere. Heck, Pinoy teleseryes really just don't know when to end a series and start a new series. That's why most Pinoy teleseryes can't really make it big on the international market maybe except in Sub-Saharan Africa or get shown abroad only for FILIPINOS abroad.

An article I wrote back then was called how Kill It manages to put down the misadventures of Cardo Dalisay. Call me a mean prick all you want but I also am really looking down at how Shaina Magdayao's rather late inclusion is probably out of desperation. The reason why I raised Kill It is because of how Jin A Nana acts as a more badass police officer than Shaina herself. In Kill It, Nana manages to really pull off the role of the police officer Do Hyun Jin. I felt that anti-hero and killer Kim So Hyun (played by Jang Ki Yong) manages to be more solid than Cardo. That one show alone proves one thing - Korean crime dramas actually beat off the ridiculously long streak of Ang Probinsyano in one way or another

I just checked on Netflix and thought about the number of Korean crime shows. Lately, I'm watching Awaken and I'm trying to finish Law School this week. Until now, it doesn't look like that Ang Probinsyano will ever make it big abroad. Maybe, it will do well only for OFWS or in Sub-Saharan Africa. However, I doubt that any big-time network will ever bother airing it. That's what's making it more laughable - Ang Probinsyano is but a walking dead project now!

Comments