Skip to main content

Kim Domingo's Addition In The STILL ONGOING "Batang Quiapo" Feels Like RANDOM EYE CANDY


I normally don't write about teleseryes. Batang Quiapo has become another overextended mess like Ang Probinsyano. Currently, Batang Quiapo has 380+ episodes and it will reach 400 episodes. It might even reach 1,000+ episodes like Coconuts Martin's "hit show" Ang Probinsyano. Kim Domingo's addition to Batang Quiapo as Madonna made me think, "Okay, we're just getting random eye candy, aren't we?"

Kim was part of GMA-7. Is she becoming a freelancer or is she going to be part of Kapamilya? I couldn't care less. I don't deny that I find Kim pretty. However, her addition to Batang Quiapo seems like random eye candy to me. It's because of Batang Quiapo's pacing. What can you expect when a show has a WEEKNIGHT SCHEDULE and it goes on and on? I can't expect people to have a well-defined plot if they're forced to keep writing without quality control! 

Kim's addition reminds me of Shaina Magdayao's addition to Ang Probinsyano. Shaina's addition as Roxanne Opena happened much later. Adding many new characters into teleseryes' long runs is way too random. I felt Shaina's addition as Roxanne was done to boost ratings with eye candy. Could the same thing be said for Kim? Roxanne in Ang Probinsyano was pretty much a joke. That's probably why she and her fellow Agilas were written off in the worst way possible. I find Shaina attractive BUT I didn't watch Ang Probinsyano.

K-Dramas tend not to rely too much on eye candy. There are some K-Dramas with eye candy such as Kill It and Justice -- both starring Jin A Nana. The crime drama My Name has Han So Hee. However, these shows focus on the writing than eye candy. Kim seems to be just added just for the sake of eye candy. So Hee' performance in My Name is accompanied by a good story. My Name's compelling plot makes So Hee's pretty face irrelevant. Instead, it focuses on So Hee's performance. So Hee also kicked ass in Gyeongseong Creature. I watched Vincenzo because I find Jeon Yeo Bin pretty then I got reminded I skipped teleseryes with Angel Locsin. Both Yeo Bin and Angel kinda look alike. Nana and Shaina kinda look alike. Angel looks better than Yeo Bin and Nana looks better than Shaina. The big issue will still be substance. Yeo Bin and Nana are given good projects. Angel and Shaina are stuck with bad projects. 

As far as teleseryes go -- they don't really care about the plot. I guess the stations just want to focus on being shallow. These teleseryes can have plenty of beautiful actresses. If the plot is bad then the PLOT IS BAD. Some K-Dramas have little to no eye candy. Shin Hye Sun isn't pretty at all BUT her performance nails it. I'd watch Mr. Queen where the leading lady isn't pretty. I'd jump into another adamant decision not to watch any episodes with Kim. Kim's pretty but the plot is always better than substance. 

Comments