Skip to main content

Is "Ang Probinsyano" Trying To Pull A "Vincenzo" Regarding The Recent Brutal Deaths?

Although I'm NOT watching Ang Probinsyano - a new controversial scene that involves John Estrada's character Armando getting killed. We're not talking about the recent bloody deaths of Armando and Lily Ann Cortes (Lorna Tolentino-Fernandez). I could think about all the criticisms that hit against crime dramas from South Korea. I admit that watching Voice wasn't for the squeamish. The K-Drama Kill It also showed a couple of brutal scenes. Maybe, I could also talk about how Vincenzo was also a vigilante wo performed questionable acts on criminals. Now, we have Cardo Dalisay doing a Vincenzo in some controversial scenes.

Netflix has admittedly given Vincenzo a rating of 16+ with the warning of violence. If I'm not wrong, Ang Probinsyano is supposedly SPG or Strictly Parental Guidance. I must wonder how in the world did the two recent bloody deaths get pass the censors? The scenes were pretty disturbing. 

First, we see Cardo TORTURE then finally execute Armando. Heck, I'm surprised at the brutality of RIPPING OFF Armando's arms then Cardo running over the now armless character. This reminds me of Jax's fatality from Mortal Kombat II where he ripped the arms off and they died from excessive bleeding. Was Cardo actually trying to outdo the brutality that Vincenzo does? I felt the scene was pretty much out of place if Cardo is meant to be an honorable cop. The difference is Vincenzo as a character still had a moral code. Vincenzo's execution of the executives at Babel was mostly done by him. True, Vincenzo did have help from his girlfriend, Cha Yong at times. Though, Vincenzo did eventually kill off the crooks in a vigilante-like fashion. At least, Vincenzo as a character was consistent. I feel like Cardo's dishonorable execution of Amador is nothing more than a bad gimmick.

Second, we could talk about Lily's death. Personally, I felt that Lily's death was overkill. It would be one thing if Lily got shot by a rival gangster to death. We're talking about LAW ENFORCERS HERE. I think Vincenzo would've probably burned Lily alive like he did with Myung Hee. I felt the whole brutal gunning down on Lily was just dishonorable. Though, I'm wondering if Cardo will get my ideal ending where his stupidity causes him to be GUNNED TO DEATH. I felt the extra gunshots were nothing more than fanservice. Again, pretty much out-of-place since Cardo isn'st a vigilante like Vincenzo.

Right now, I'm thinking these extremely bloody scenes are pretty much inappropriate. It's an SPG show - not a show that's restricted to an older audience. I don't know what ABiaS-CBN was thinking. I wonder how Antonio Trillanes IV must be reacting to these violent scenes. Right now, it's weird that I'm actually laughing instead of feeling disturbed at Cardo's idiotic rage. 

Comments