Skip to main content

"Sa Gitna Ng Unos" Part 2: Leni Loud Robredo As "Volta, The Heroine Of Odette"


Some time ago, I remembered when I wrote a joke that the Kapamilya Channel will soon have a new teleserye. Dealing with Odette disasters is no easy task. Experiencing the aftershock of a storm such as Typhoon Ruping decades back is no easy feat. The storm hit both Visayas and Mindanao with intensity. Vice President Leni Loud G. Robredo has been involved with Odette - no questions asked

However, with elections near, I really must wonder if Leni Loud herself will really do another absurd stunt. I'm not saying that her help operations should stop. However, I would like to really ask the question if she will really (if ever) decide to take ALL the credit for the Odette Rehabilitation. There were areas without electricity, water, and Internet. Now, restoration is done in many areas where Odette hit. I experienced this and that during the horrible nightmare. Now, some people are getting some sense of normalcy though the fight is far from over. This makes me ask if Leni Loud herself will try to go from Ina Montecillo mode (in Ang Tanging Ina N'yong Lahat) to the comedic superheroine Volta from the movie of the same name. Both characters are played by Ai Ai Delas Alas - an actress that I found funny while growing up but dislike in years to come.

I think the rehabilitation could be politicized any time. I remembered when President Rodrigo R. Duterte actually FIRED Manuelito Luna for trying to intervene with Leni Loud's work of Angat Buhay. I don't want to dismiss any good Leni Loud does. However, I'm afraid that either Leni Loud or her followers might be on the way to take ALL the credit as if she did all the work. I mean, true, Leni Loud DID HELP but she didn't do all the work herself. 

This makes me think that the recent posts of Get Real Philippines has been rather focused on Leni Loud's possible antics. I still like comparing her to Leni Loud from The Loud House though the fictional character is an exaggeration. Leni Loud does have some common sense and she's still smarter than conspiracy theorist Kate Sheminari from the Great Britain. However, trying to make Leni Loud look like she did all the work is just stupid. Leni Loud did her work and let's credit her for that. However, to make her look like Leni Loud did all the work is no different from Mar Roxas' "hit comics" Sa Gitna Ng Unos which badly backfired during the elections. The Yellowtards need to think more than twice before they try to pull the same stunt on Leni Loud.

Comments