Skip to main content

Buntis Faib Legacy's Mark Gordon Doesn't Get Toei Ltd.'s Characterizations Of Ippei Mine And Gai Yuki

I was watching more of Buntis Faib Legacy and I guess I'm learning something. I did think of how I tended to write super long fan fics (and be thankful I consider them OLD SHAMES now). I just wonder why GMA-7 is even allowing Suzette Doctolero and the Filipino production crew to get away with this? Now, it's time to see another real issue is Mark Gordon. Okay, I prefer to use the name Ippei Mine but when I discuss the abomination that's Buntis Faib Legacy - I'll be using the dub names! I remembered making comparisons of several Anime characters. Heck, I even thought Gatchaman was by Toei only to find out it was by Tatsunoko. The prototypes of Gai Yuki's character from Jetman are clearly based on Joe Asakura of Gatchaman and every Anime character. Ippei from Voltes V is no different. He's a Gai Yuki prototype. I did always think of Ippei and Megumi Oka as a couple. Eventually, the Super Robot Anime series by Toei soon got phased out in favor of Super Sentai.

I went into a deeper analysis of Gai as a character. Gai starts off as a reluctant member of the Jetman team. Ippei was also a reluctant member of Voltes V. The episode where Ippei attempted to leave the Voltes team showed he was a Gai prototype and Joe the Condor prototype. Ippei was that loudmouthed troublemaker who frequently clashed with Kenichi Gou (Steve Armstrong). However, as time went by, both Gai and Ippei started to warm up to their leaders. Heck, Jetman even started a midseason development when Gai was the one who help Ryu Tendo out of a trauma. Just seeing Gai realize that the mission wasn't over was one thing. Gai finally REPRIMANDING RYU AS NEEDED was total character development. Gai started to become a nicer person. 

What about Mark? I don't want to admit it but it seems Buntis Faib Legacy hardly has character development. I think Eva Sanchez's characterization is just one. Eva is supposedly the resident Hojo Toru from Kamen Rider Agito but she ends up as Masato Kusaka of Kamen Rider Faiz. I wonder if Doctolero intends to break Eva's neck trying to save herself? Mark himself is really still overly obnoxious. Worse, Mark even starts blaming the Armstrong brothers almost EVERY TIME something happens. That's something neither Ippei nor Gai ever did! Sure, both started out as negative-minded people but they got better by the midseason. Not even Bruce Kalish's writing of Schuller "Sky" Tate in Power Rangers SPD stayed that way. Sky was pretty much a stuck-up arrogant guy (at first) but the guy eventually got better. Sky even became more humble as SPD progressed. Mark here starts off as an a**hole and just continues to remain as such. 

Toshiki Inoue did the difficult task of TIMING the douches. In the case of Kusaka, it seems Inoue went overboard but the character became a Breakout Villain. In the case of Hojo, he was written as a rival to Makoto Hikawa but not as a real antagonist. Hojo did have redeeming qualities even if he was that jealous rival. Unlike Inoue, it seems that Doctolero doesn't like seeing her characters improve. Kind of reminded me of how I was told to please let my characters and not let them become like Spongebob. Mark's lack of character development even reminds me of why I believe Spongebob Squarepants should've been canceled years ago. Why bother continuing Spongebob if they can't come up with better ways to do the character?  

With Buntis Faib Legacy nearing its end - I wonder how Doctolero would wrap things up. Maybe try to do a lousy version of Jetman's ending or what? I just can't wait to see what she'd do. Call me crazy but I want to laugh like Dr. Evil now!

Comments