I'm Glad That Hero To Zero TV Will Be Dead

Hero TV more like Hero to Zero TV and I could talk about a lot of disappointments I had with it. I remembered how I was still a College student and it came. Yup, it's Hero TV alright. At first, I was excited but the more I watched it the more I realized how TERRIBLY disappointing Hero to Zero TV is.

Okay, I may sound like a snob right or a "the Japanese product is so much better" idiot (which I tend to be at many times such as my extreme favoritism for the Japanese original over the Americanized version) but hear me out. If Hero to Zero TV is supposed to be an Anime or Japanese entertainment channel for Filipinos then why in the world is it always airing the Americanized version? For one, it's airing Lion Voltron instead of Hyajakuu Golion or Power Rangers instead of Super Sentai? Toei may have given licenses to World Events Productions and Saban Entertainment BUT it doesn't change the fact that Super Sentai is Japanese entertainment and Power Rangers is American entertainment. Airing Power Rangers and Voltron on what's supposedly a Japanese entertainment channel is totally out of place.

Hero TV also has very limited choices for Filipino viewers. Instead of investing on finding new school shows all they do is replay the same thing all over again. I may not be too happy with everything new school but not everything old school is good either. Old school always provides monuments of failures and successes while new school provides chances to correct failures and enhance successes. I opened that stupid channel up and what do I see? It's a lot of shows I watched as a child. Come on, Voltes V is already THAT OLD. If they want to show old school then they could have chosen a few more programs mixed with more new school. They could have avoided re-airing Shaider too much and show other JAPANESE Toku and Anime shows for both old school and new school including many shows that were not shown in the Philippines.

Should I also mention the AWFUL DUBBING? It's not enough to get fresh content but if you dub then do it properly. What would be the use if the local Philippine TV networks would just keep crap dubbing them? A good example is that me watching Gu Family Book on ABiaS-CBN is such a torture that I'd rather watch Korean fan subs instead. Their dubs make everything look so lifeless as there's hardly any effort in them. It's really no better than the bad acting in teleseryes.

With that in mind, aren't you glad Hero To Zero TV will be dead?

Comments