Skip to main content

Let's Petition ABS-CBN To Have Toni Gonzaga Fired, Shall We?


As said, just because I'm a critic of the Aquinos doesn't mean that I dismiss whatever good the late Noynoy Aquino did, to defend the Marcos Years, or that I'm going to overlook the bad that President Rodrigo R. Duterte did. Though, I still feel Rappler may be very biased especially based on the interview that Stephen Sackur conducted with Maria Ressa on BBC HARDtalk. I was thinking about the outrage against Toni Gonzaga on Toni Talks. Toni herself was known to have said, "We will rise again." after the ABiaS-CBN franchise was denied. I'm still laughing at the irony of the ABiaS-CBN franchise denial - it was caused by the VERY LAW that they defended. Now, Toni interviews Bongbong Marcos AND there's some outrage towards her.

I really find this laughable. I'm wondering is there a petition to fire Toni from ABiaS-CBN. So far, Toni had interviewed Leni Loud Robredo prior to Bongbong. Toni has also interviewed Isko Moreno and Manny Pacquiao. These are all presidential candidates. Some say that Toni's statement of being neutral is a lie because Bongbong was a ninong during her wedding. I'm really finding all the comments rather stupid even if I agree that the Marcos Years weren't the golden years themselves.

A history of ABiaS-CBN will tell of its dealings. Tiglao's article on the Lopezes, communist fronts, and the Marcoses really shows the two-faced nature of the network. What really surprised me is that (until now) is how Noynoy should also be thanked by the DDS for the franchise' revocation. I even question (until now) as to why their franchise wasn't renewed during Noynoy's term? The late Ferdinand E. Marcos Sr. had a vice president from the Lopezes. Eventually, the dealings between two got sour. Apparently, ABiaS-CBN was a sacked evil minion than a hero who's a victim of a tyrant. Noynoy probably had enough of their arrogance and decided to let the franchise run its course.  

Right now, I wonder if there's a petition to fire Toni from ABiaS-CBN. The reason? It's because she interviewed Bongbong. I really find this cancel culture stupid. Aquinotards have been biased towards the Marcos blood calling it "magnanakaw" as if being the relative of a thief means you're automatically one. Marcostards have also been biased towards the Aquinos too. If that would be the reason to fire Toni then I'd say how shallow can they get? 

Comments