Skip to main content

Will All Those Stupid Activists Please THROW AWAY All Of Their Government Issued I.D.s?

I just thought about the problem of the recent rants of activists that having a National I.D. would put them under a dictatorship. Really? I guess these bozos also think that Singapore which some idiots call as "everybody's favorite tyranny" may also help "justify" their argument that National I.D. system is indeed "tyrannical".

First, let's consider what is a National I.D. and I wonder if these bozos really know a single thing about it. Here's how i-Money Philippines would describe it:

What is the National ID system all about?  

The bill that was recently passed states that the national ID system of the country will be called the “Filipino Identification System” or “FilSys.” It’s a single ID card that can be used as a proof of identification for all transactions in the country, whether it’s by a government agency or a private institution. Once this is implemented, Filipinos both here and abroad will be required to register.

How does it work?

In this national ID system or the FilSys, the person should declare his or her name according to his or her birth certificate, photograph, gender, blood type, and signature. The ID will come with its own unique serial number, which will be called the Common Reference Number (CRN). The reference number will be issued by the Philippines Statistics Authority (PSA).

Let's face it that Filipinos may have at least two of following government IDs where confidential information has been gathered from them:
  • COMELEC Voter's ID
  • Driver's License
  • GSIS I.D.
  • Passport
  • Philhealth I.D. 
  • SSS I.D.

So what's the difference between getting any of the I.D.s that I mentioned above and a National I.D.? Not so much except for the use and those are papers you keep confidential rather than make public for all to see. Government agencies ask for confidential information or documents such as National Statistics Office birth certificates to support one's validity in applying for these I.D.s? Also, hasn't the NSO already had information collected on one's real identity in order to process a birth certificate? Why do you think governments issue licenses to licensed professions? It's because it's part of the identification system? It's because it's part of identifying who's who in the licensed professional training field. At the same time, it makes it easier to arrest someone for malpractice at the same time. 

Having I.D.s hasn't removed one's right to free speech, to use a screen name such as Vina Morales (Sharon Garcia Magdayao), pen names can be registered as trademark names while the person still uses his or her actual name in doing real life transactions or the right to be anonymous especially when one needs to be. It's all about protecting real life transactions (which should NEVER be displayed online except if it's fraudulent transactions exposed by the NBI as a warning to the public) while protecting the one's right to privacy. The only time it becomes wrong to use a pen name is in stuff like defaming someone (ex. the Yellow sites such as Change Scamming), to avoid paying taxes (since pen names tend to be registered as a trademark or copyright) or fraudulent transactions such as the Jose Velarde account.

If the activists think that having a National I.D. is tyrannical then may I suggest doing this one -- they should THROW AWAY all their government issued I.D.s in protest. I suggest that they gather together all their government issued I.D.s and burn them in protest against the Duterte Administration. Hmm without them I wonder how can they proceed with their real life in the real world now that they have gotten rid of their government I.D.s? 

Comments