Skip to main content

Stop Obsessing Over Nonsense Issues And Start Doing Some Self-Research On The Basics Of Politics And Economics

Is it me or is smart-shaming which in turn hurts the real people with the brains the fad right now? You have people who are so stupid but they have a high view of themselves and they call those who disagree with them as "stupid and unlearned". It's easy to certain people to demean sites like Get Real Philippines or CoRRECT Philippines or any sites without understanding the content or what these sites want to relay. Then again if a real political analyst or a real economist were to speak the truth about their stupidity there's the high chance that they would still refuse to listen to him or her. This of course leads to the one bitter truth that people tend to focus on nonsense instead of self-studying the basics of politics and economics.

What obsession over nonsense am I talking about? It's the whole problem how so many people tend to get stuck on petty issues instead of real problems. This can alternatively be called as turning anthills into mountains. I could remember how often Kris Aquino used to steal the spotlight a lot with her weapons of mass distraction. I remembered how in my College days a group mate of mine nearly failed in the practicum program because she puts too much priority on Kris' relationship with her ex-husband James Yap. I could remember two female schoolmates who also prioritized Piolo Pascual's life events over the requirements that we had to finish. There can also be the issue of how often many quarrels in the Philippines are not only caused because somebody said something but also because of how many people have very thick faces and thin skins at the same time. You could also have showbiz related arguments like ABiaS-CBN vs. GMA-7 or just anything trivial. As said, the way Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre Jr. got dealt with during the late Renato Corona's trial proved how often are minor details exaggerated that we forget there's much bigger issues at hand. He could have just been asked to move out immediately for what was just a minor offense. 

While it does take a political analyst or an economist to come up with better, concrete solutions but it doesn't either which to understand what's wrong with society or what solutions can be given to help it. I don't have a degree in political science or economics but I can understand some of the basics that political analysts and economists have to say bu studying them. I only have the knowledge of the basics of either which subject but it's through that basic knowledge that made me aware of the need for constitutional reform. This is all about observation and learning the basics. Neither politics nor economics are my fields of expertise but I try to study both subjects whenever I can either by rebrowsing my College textbooks (for minor subjects required to complete any undergraduate course) or do some further research from credible websites or go to the libraries to get the latest books whenever I have free time. It's just like that may not be a doctor or nutritionist but I know I need dietary fiber to maintain a healthy digestive system.

Why am I saying it doesn't take a political analyst to see that something's wrong with the current system of the Philippines? If you start reading about the differences of the popularity-based presidency vs. the competency-based presidency or the difference between federalism and unitarianism then you'll see a basic picture of what's wrong with the Philippines. I had no idea why stupid voters abound like crazy until I realized that the presidential system is based on popularity and not on credibility. It takes a political analyst to create a good framework for a federalized Philippines (and I don't have any idea on how to do it) but I didn't need to be one to find out how federalism can help decongest the Philippines. By reading and still reading some notes on political sciences whenever I can is where I see why I should support constitutional reform. Not everyone is destined to get a degree in political science or economics but anyone with certain effort can understand the basics of political science and economics.

So why am I also saying that it doesn't take an economist to find out something's wrong with the economic policies of leftists or the stupid analysis of the Dilawan pages? It's just like certain prices of imported commodities are dictated by the world market. Why blame President Duterte for the rise of gasoline prices and praise Noynoy Aquino for the drop of gasoline prices? The price of gasoline is determined by the supply and demand of the world market. Also peso devaluation is also because of the peso/dollar exchange rate. Besides, I used to think peso devaluation was such a bad thing until I decided to do some self study on how one can take advantage of it. That's when I thought that the government should find ways to take advantage of the weaker peso by opening up the economy to foreign investors and to focus on the export industry as to prevent heavy debts and huge supply/demand gaps from crushing the economy.

By doing all these self-study you can have more chances to understand what's going on to a certain extent. Having acquired basic knowledge from both politics and economics helps one make a general analysis of events for themselves. This would mean lesser chances of misled by crooked political analysts and crooked economists who want to exploit people's ignorance. This means it's time to get real by knowing relevant issues because ignorance has been one of the biggest reasons why any country can fall backward.

Comments