Skip to main content

Star Cinema Presents "Trillanes: Bayani Ng Oakwood"

Credit goes to Coconuts Martin

I remembered when I wrote a satirical entry about Viva Films making a film called Trillanes: Bayani Ng Oakwood. However, the recent events have VIVA Films with Darryl Yap's newest film Maid in Malacanang makes me wonder if ABiaS-CBN's Star Cinema would be the better filmmaking company to make my dream film Trillanes: Bayani Ng Oakwood. I could imagine the film would be loosely based on the events of the Oakwood Mutiny and the Manila Peninsula Siege. It would probably be a good highlight in an attempt to demonize charter change yet again. 

Let's imagine the trailer would go like this, "A man of principle. A man of dignity. A man who saved democracy from charter change. Presenting the story of Antonio Trillanes IV, the hero of Oakwood." The most obvious is that Coconuts Martin will be Antonio Trillanes IV. But we're asking who will play as who? Well, I've got some suggestions on who will appear in this movie...


Boy Abunda as Gary Alejano

Granted, I can't find anybody who should be playing Alejano. My only pic (for now) is Boy for Alejano. It would be interesting to see him as Trillanes' best friend on the battlefield.


Liza Soberano as Risa Hontiveros

Just seeing Liza and Risa side by side makes me think, "Man they do look alike!" Risa's younger photos resemble that of Liza. Liza could easily be mistaken as Risa's daughter. This might make a good impression if Liza acts as Risa herself.


Cheena Crab as Arlene Orejana-Trillanes

Granted, it's hard to find someone who looks like Arlene. I've seen some people but it's hard to find somebody who looks like Arlene. I think Cheena might make the best person (for now) to act as Trillanes' ever-loving wife Arlene. 

 

Agot Isidro as Maria Ressa

I remembered writing a post where I joked Agot could play as Ressa. Ressa had already been in the Philippines before Rappler was established last 2012. Ressa served in ABiaS-CBN and CNN Philippines. I think it'd be funny to see Agot act as Ressa since she's a diehard Dilawan este Pinklawan.

 


Princess Punzalan-Field as Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo

The actress is known for her antagonistic roles. One of her most-remembered roles is as Selena from the rather super-long Mula Sa Puso TV series during the 1990s. Granted, she's not very tall and if the film wants to demonize Gloria further - Princess would fit the role of Gloria the best.

Jaime Fabregas as the late Noynoy Aquino

Some might say that he's too old to play Noynoy. Noynoy died a year ago at only 61 years old. Though, I think Noynoy wouldn't have such a big role in the movie except for a few scenes. Maybe, the ending scene or in the middle legislating laws. Either way, I think Fabregas having an extra role in giving the Magdalo their freedom is still very much welcome. 

_______

What are your thoughts? Do you want this movie to become a reality? 

Comments