Skip to main content

After The "Loud House Interview", Leni Loud Robredo Is On Her Way To Receive The Nobel Peace Prize!


I was thinking about a couple of humor posts that I wrote after Maria Ressa won her "well-deserved" Nobel Peace Prize. Yesterday, I decided to listen to Vice President Leni Loud Robredo's interview with Boy Abunda. I prefer to call it the "Loud House Interview" since Leni Loud herself is pretty much like Leni Houd of The Loud House of Nickelodeon. Just listening to how she's actually being loud not only in her statements about the other candidates but also about why Filipinos should vote for her. 

What made me laugh so hard (and cringe) at the same time were her claims about the "achievements" of Angat Buhay. I'm not going to deny that Leni Loud's organization did help people. I think it was the right thing for President Rodrigo R Duterte to FIRE Manuelito Lunatic for meddling in Leni Loud's Angat Buhay program. However, what Leni Loud did wrong was when she decided to sound like that they did all that hard work. I'm not going to discout anything good Leni Loud did. However, Leni Loud was EXAGGERATING the good she did with what she said that "kami ang nandoon" (we were there) and that they were the first to be there. REALLY? Is helping others really a contest? She could've just said that, "During times of disaster, we did what we can to join the others. It doesn't matter if we were first. We did what we can." Instead, she's now rating her OWN RESULTS than letting others rate her help.

This had me thinking with how Ressa won her award. I guess the Nobel Foundation just relied on Ressa's talk and solely on Rappler and its allies. I guess the Nobel Foundation will now buy whatever Ressa tells them about Leni Loud. Leni Loud's claims might be even bought by the Nobel Foundation. I could imagine how the Nobel Foundation might list her claims as "truth" because Ressa told them. I would imagine how the Nobel Foundation may consider nominating Leni Loud for the Nobel Peace Prize based on her claims and Ressa's claims. I could imagine all of the Yellowtards (now Pinktards) to be rejoicing if ever that happens.

Here's what I can suggest. Let Leni Loud get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Make sure that she wins. Just think that the Nobel Foundation is already losing its prestige some time ago. It lost its credibility even before Ressa got awarded. TBH, I don't even mind if Leni Loud will be next to get the Nobel Peace Prize. I don't even care if they give the peace prize to either Antonio F. Trillanes IV or Jover Laurio. Let Leni Loud get that award and let the Yellowtards celebrate. I don't care what awards htey will get. The issue is their credibility sinks together with organizations of SINKING CREDIBILITY. 

Comments