Skip to main content

Sell From 70 Up To 100 Kilos Of Chili And Get An i-Phone XS

I just heard of the recent report of the release of the latest i-Phone XS. Want to know the selling prices of the brand new i-Phone XS? Here they are and these prices will determine how much chili you need to sell to buy them:
  • i-Phone XS 64GB -- PHP 69,990.00
  • i-Phone XS 256GB -- PHP 79,990.00
  • i-Phone XS 512GB -- PHP 93,490.00
  • i-Phone XS Max 64GB -- PHP 76,990.00
  • i-Phone XS Max 256GB -- PHP 86,990.00
  • i-Phone XS Max 512GB -= PHP 99,990.00

If chili already costs PHP 1,000.00 per kilo then I guess a lot of Filipinos selling it made a huge revenue from selling several kilos of chili. To get the cheapest iPhone XS then some of those lining up must have sold a total of 70 kilos of chili then and a hundred kilos of chili in one day! I'd like to imagine how those lining up must have been selling chili as part of their inventory because the line is so darn long! So why didn't I think of selling chili before? I could imagine how much profit chili could have given me in contrast to leasing spaces. 

I guess you know by now that I'm using some sarcasm and humor to mock the stupidity of fake news spreaders (such as which Krizette Laureta Chu exposed to be a lie) and the problem of the prevalence of poor budgeting habits in the Philippines. The whole inflation thing is real and yes it's happening but nobody can deny that the picture now shows screwed up priorities. Since there's really an inflation then why are they LINING UP to buy a brand new i-Phone XS which they don't really need? While a cellphone is currently a necessity these days but why do they have to have an i-Phone? It's a strange value indeed that some people do have their anti-elite mentality yet they want to have the best brand new products because they probably think that. I guess they are expecting the richer Filipinos to buy it for them and give it to them for free? Is that what I'm seeing? Maybe, maybe not but I'm just speculating. 

This also has me thinking about screwed up priorities in the typical Filipino spending pattern. Having a mobile phone is no longer a luxury but a necessity these days but do you really need to have a super expensive one? I always think about the stupidity of several situations. Why is it that sometimes that children of richer Filipinos aren't having the latest trends while their less financially wealthy peers are having the latest trends? It reminds me of how funny it is that my wealthier friends were seen lining up to get the latest i-Phone together with the people who aren't rich or how they are driving Toyotas while people I know buried in debt are driving BMWs. That really shows the stupidity of thinking that lifestyle is an indicator of one's wealth because it isn't. It's possible to have an i-Phone but you don't have ipon or savings or to be driving a BMW but you are BWM or Broke Without Money. Nothing wrong with having an i-Phone and BMW as long as you have lots of ipon and you're not Broke Without Money.

Since there's really an inflation (which I believe is also contributed to world market and I think excise tax on gasoline may need to be lowered or suspended) then why are they still wanting to get the latest i-Phone XS? I could imagine how much I could invest with all that money. They could have used to invest in Treasury Funds, Bonds and Time Deposit. Recently, I ended up opening some time deposits after entering the money market. They could have saved up that money to get into AXA's financial programs to secure themselves later. Buying a brand new i-Phone XS that costs that much during an inflation isn't really a smart move. Shouldn't they consider SAVING MONEY because the prices of goods and services are going up? 

Comments