Seriously, Give K-Drama Craze A Break And Offer Diversity For Filipino Audiences

While I do like K-Dramas and I still do (and they're part of my alternative route whenever I take a break from Japanese Tokusatsu before returning to it) but shouldn't Philippine TV networks give Koreanovela craze a break? Is it me or are TV networks relying too much on crap-dubbed K-Drama right now (and sorry, I am so NOT watching While You Were Sleeping crap-dubbed) to keep their ratings afloat? So much for "nationalism" then huh? But again, Filipinos watching K-Dramas may even detest how horrible the dub is and may be watching them on Korean channels that offer subs to the viewers. 

The problem isn't K-Drama BUT the problem is too much of it. It reminded me of the time last decade where I ate nothing but Japanese food for one month and nothing more than Korean food the following month. The truth is I developed taste fatigue that Chinese food and Filipino food became more welcome after that. A few months later, I started missing Japanese and Korean food all over again. People can develop taste fatigue when they have too much of it. It's like what happened after I watched too much Japanese stuff. I just needed a break and right now, after that "break" I'm now accepting more new school Japanese stuff.

What TV stations should do right now is to offer more diversity and please do a better job at dubbing! They could try airing new school Chinese Drama and new school Japanese Drama. They could try airing different programs for different segments. They can still air K-Drama but they can offer a different segment. Let's say they'll air While You Were Sleeping in one hour then they can air some C-Drama or J-Drama after that hour. Give it some diversity to avoid developing taste fatigue because no amount of new ideas for a single genre can cure taste fatigue in people.

Comments